Our body is a reflection of what we eat
It’s no secret that obesity has become a huge problem of modern people — we move less, consume a large amount of fatty foods, high-calorie sauces, sweets. There are endless temptations everywhere, and manufacturers compete who will offer another super-product against which no consumer can resist. The result of this race can be seen on the streets of any metropolis — according to statistics, almost every second inhabitant of developed countries is overweight. Obesity, unfortunately, leads to problems not only in aesthetics and self-esteem, but also to serious consequences for the body: the risk of many diseases is directly proportional to the amount of excess weight. Diabetes, heart problems, gastrointestinal tract, with reproductive function — this is only a small part of the possible diseases that arise when diet is not followed.
The good news is that over the past years, concern for the condition of your body has begun to become fashionable: more and more calls are made by the government and public organizations, organic and diet products appear on store shelves, tips are circulating in the press on how to eat .
The basics of a healthy diet, or how to eat right
When compiling a healthy diet menu, you should remember a few general rules: firstly, you need to eat often and in small portions. It is most convenient to have a small plate in which a handful the size of a handful is placed. No need to be afraid of hunger! A healthy diet involves 5-6 meals per day. It is also good to train yourself to eat at the same time — this stabilizes the stomach and will contribute to weight loss.
The second important rule is to remember calories. There is no need to scrupulously calculate them throughout life every time after eating, just a week or two to follow your diet, and the habit of automatically «figure out» the calorie content of food will appear by itself. Everyone has their own calorie norm; for example, you can find out using a special calculator that is easy to find on the Internet. For example, a woman of 30 years old, weighing 70 kg with a height of 170 cm and a little physical activity per day needs about 2000 kcal. To lose weight, you need to consume 80% of the calories from the norm, that is, in our example, about 1600 kcal per day. Additionally, there is no point in cutting the diet — the body will simply slow down the metabolism, and there is more harm from such a diet than good.
Rule three — we maintain a balance between “income” and “expenses”, that is, the energy that is spent by the body on basic metabolism, work, exercise, and caloric intake. Food includes four main components: proteins, fats, carbohydrates and dietary fiber — all of them are necessary for our body. The only question is which of them (fats and carbohydrates are different), in what quantities and proportions to use. Approximate recommended indicators — 60 g of fat, 75 g of protein, 250 g of carbohydrates and 30 g of fiber. The fourth rule is to drink water. Often we do not want to eat, just our body takes a lack of fluid for hunger and makes us eat what is not really needed. One and a half and more liters of pure drinking water will help get rid of pseudo-hunger, make skin firmer, improve the general condition of the body, and accelerate the metabolism.
And the fifth rule — choose products wisely. Read labels, composition and calorie content of foods, exclude fast food, mayonnaise sauces, products with chemical additives, preservatives, dyes from the diet. You must know what you eat, and then the path to beauty and health will be quick and enjoyable.
We will try to answer the eternal question «what to eat to lose weight?». The main thing when creating a menu for a healthy diet is maintaining a balance between expenses and consumed products.
So, be sure to include in your diet a healthy diet for every day:
- cereals, in the form of cereals and granola, rich in slow carbohydrates, which will provide our body with energy;
- fresh vegetables (cabbage, carrots) provide the body with dietary fiber — fiber;
- legumes — a rich source of vegetable protein, especially necessary for those who rarely or do not eat meat;
- nuts, especially walnuts and almonds, have a beneficial effect on the whole body and are a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3, trace elements;
- dairy products: natural yogurts (without added sugar), kefir, low-fat cottage cheese provide calcium and improve the digestive tract;
- marine fish contains protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids;
- fruits and berries — a storehouse of vitamins, heal the skin and protect the body from diseases;
- lean meat — chicken breast, rabbit, beef — a source of protein.
Of the drinks, it is recommended to drink mineral water, chicory, smoothies, green tea and natural freshly squeezed juices, preferably vegetable.
Useful products should not contain preservatives, artificial colors, palm oil. Pickles are better limited — you can treat yourself to them from time to time, but you should not get carried away.
If you have a problem of excess weight, then you should completely refuse sugar, even if you are a sweet tooth and can’t do it without a cup of sweet coffee in the morning — sugar substitutes will solve this problem. Do not be afraid of them, quality substitutes on a natural basis are harmless, practically do not contain calories and taste good.
Under the strict ban!
We decided on useful foods, let’s look at a list of foods that are incompatible with a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition:
- Sweet carbonated drinks. They do not quench thirst, irritate the gastric mucosa, usually contain a monstrous amount of sugar — about 20 g in each glass, artificial colors and flavors, preservatives.
- Deep fried food. French fries, chips, crackers and everything that is fried in a large amount of oil should be deleted from the diet. Carcinogens, lack of nutrients and fat — not what a healthy body needs.
- Burgers, hot dogs. All such dishes contain a mixture of white bread, fatty sauces, the incomprehensible origin of meat, kindle seasoning appetite and a lot of salt. What do we get as a result? A real high-calorie “bomb” that instantly turns into folds on the body and does not carry any nutritional value.
- Mayonnaise and similar sauces. Firstly, they completely hide the natural taste of food under spices and additives, forcing them to eat more, and secondly, almost all mayonnaise sauces from the store — almost pure fat, generously seasoned with preservatives, flavorings, stabilizers and other harmful substances.
- Sausages, sausages and semi-finished meat products. No clarification is needed in this paragraph — just read the product label. And this is only official data! Remember that under the items “pork, beef” in the composition most often hide the skin, cartilage, fat, which you would hardly have eaten if you hadn’t been so skillfully processed and beautifully packaged.
- Energy drinks. Contain a loading dose of caffeine in combination with sugar and high acidity, plus preservatives, dyes, and many other ingredients that should be avoided.
- Instant Lunch. Noodles, mashed potatoes and similar mixtures, which are enough to pour boiling water, instead of nutrients contain a large amount of carbohydrates, salt, spices, flavor enhancers and other chemical additives.
- Flour and sweet. Yes, our favorite sweets are one of the most dangerous foods. The problem is not only in high calorie content: the combination of flour, sweet and fat multiplies the damage several times and instantly affects the figure.
- Packaged juices. Vitamins and other beneficial substances almost completely disappear during processing. What is the use of a concentrate diluted with water and flavored with a fair amount of sugar?
- Alcohol. Enough has been said about its harm to the body, we only once again note that alcohol contains calories, increases appetite, interferes with the absorption of nutrients, and if the minimum doses are not observed, it slowly destroys the body, because ethanol is a cellular poison.
Switching to a balanced healthy diet will not be a burden if you follow simple recommendations.
Firstly, do not torment yourself with hunger. If you feel uncomfortable, eat an apple, some nuts, dried fruits or granola.
Secondly, drink a lot and choose healthy drinks. It contributes to weight loss chicory — it suppresses hunger due to the large number of fibers in the composition, has a beneficial effect on the body. Green tea is also beneficial, especially with ginger.
Diversify the diet! The more different healthy foods you consume, the more the body receives various trace elements, vitamins, amino acids.
If you really want something forbidden — eat it for breakfast. Of course, it’s better to give up harmful products at all, but at first it helps to think that sometimes you can still pamper yourself.
The less unnatural constituents in food, the better. If you want to eat healthy products, it’s better to choose a piece of meat instead of sausage, fresh vegetables instead of canned ones, and granola instead of buns.